Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hello! My name is....

I guess that I should probably start at the beginning. My name is Shiray and I am 27 years old. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. My husband and I have been married for 3 very happy years! We do not have any children now but would like to start a family someday. I do work full time and I don't have a lot of extra time but I do hope that one day I can cut back on my hours and focus a lot of time on blogging and creating new crochet patterns.

Crochet is in my blood. When I was a young girl, I watched my Grandma crochet all day long. If she wasn't cooking she was crocheting and she was the most talented woman I've ever known. She sat me down one day and taught me how to make a chain but she passed away before she could teach me how to turn. What she taught me impacted me more than she could have ever imagined. After her passing I didn't touch a crochet hook for many years. About 4 years ago I was having some issues handling stress and B, my sweet husband, told me that I needed to find a hobby. I didn't know where to start so I got on Pinterest and searched for a hobby. A crocheted baby blanket was the first thing that popped up and the rest, as they say, is history. I got on Youtube and taught my self how to do a single crochet and then I graduated to a double crochet. I was hooked!

I am still perfecting my skills but I'm eager to learn and I hope to document this journey here. I hope you'll come along with me!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment