Sunday, September 27, 2015

So Close!

Hello again!

This week has been all about finishing my granny square blanket that I talked about last week. I've got so many new projects running through my mind that I'm forcing myself to stay focused on this blanket so that I can finish it and start enjoying it! I have about 10 rows left and then a simple border that I think will finish it off nicely.

While working on this blanket I think about my grandma often. Every year, the women in my family get together to eat great food and spend time getting to know each other. There are so many of us and we are spread out in so many directions that it can be hard to relate to someone you are related to. I've found that since I've started crocheting it's been much easier to connect with my family. We all have at least one afghan that grandma gave us and we all have memories of her working on one project or another. This year we'll be meeting the first weekend of December and I can't wait to share some special memories of that day.

I better get back to work on this granny square blanket. I need to have it completed before the gathering because I'm hoping to convince a few of my cousins to help me with a project for our mom's.....

More on that later.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment